Saturday 16 January 2010

Anya Ink - One layer Card


What a great challenge Anya Ink laid down for us this week - One Layer Cards. Simple as that, one piece of card. No not so simple!lol I struggled to come up with an idea for this and all the DT examples were gorgeous so after much umming and ahhing I thought I'd keep it simple and used my fiskars mini shape boss which I bought when I first started getting into card making and used for a while then it went in a drawer and got forgotten. I only have one shape sheet for it but rather liked the corner design and then my card evolved from there. I highlighted parts of the design with clear sakura stardust for a little emphasis and decided to keep Miss Anyas fairly simple too so stuck with mainly black & white then added the pink when I remembered the peel off sentiments I had. I must say that although it was a struggle to begin with I'm actually pleased with the result and may try this idea again. So thanks Anya Ink for a great challenge that really made me stop and think. TFL (excuse the photo I had to lie the card down on the desk to get a decent pic to show the embossing)

2 comments:

  1. very elegant.. i love it... i so would have struggled with this challenge...!!! sometimes less is so hard to do.. but you pulled it off...
    kaz_za

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this... it's so clean and pretty!! GORGEOUS!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x