Monday 18 April 2011

April Showers, pop up card

When I was at the show the other week I picked up a couple of templates for making some different cards and I have finally got round to trying one.  I went for a triple pop-up boxy card and I thought it was going to be really difficult but was surprised that I didnt find it too hard!  For my card I chose to use Flopsy in the rain from Crafty Sentiments, I coloured the image with copics then used diamond glaze on the top of the umbrella and dusted lightly with glamour dust, my grass infront is cut using a Marianne die.  I decided to make this card for the challenge over at Totally Gorjuss this week which is NO patterned paper so instead I used texture plates and embossing folders to add texture which I also inked and I made the cloud background following the tutorial over at Crafty Sentiments Tutorial blog.  The sentiment was done on the pc.  For my first attempt at a triple pop-up I'm pleased with how it turned out.



the second photo shows the raindrop texture a little better



I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges
Stamp Something ~ April Showers
Paper Sundaes # 65 ~ Texture
Totally Papercrafts # 62 ~ Springtime

TFL xx

3 comments:

  1. ooh i love the design Jac.. is it easy?
    Love the way you have done the grass
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jac,
    This is just gorgeous! Love the design of this card, love the little image, the colours, the layout, the textures. Beautifully coloured as always.
    Hugs Jacqui xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply gorjuss;) Thanks for joining the TG challenge this week. Bettina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x