Tuesday 6 March 2012

Crafty Sentiments - Bears

This week over at Crafty Sentiments Heather & Jo are your hosts and there is a fabulous theme of 'Bears' and there are lots of Bear stamps and digi stamps to choose from at the Crafty Sentiments Design store.  I have chosen to use Patches with his ballons which is part of a clear stamp set.  Now this card nearly went in the bin in the making as I totally got my measurements wrong and after spending ages paperpiecing and then framing the image using the Crafty Cutter border die (also available at Crafty Sentiments Designs along with some new dies) it ended up being too big for my card blank! :(  I just couldn't decide how I was going to sort this out till I remembered my big pad of cs from Lidls and when I looked through there was a piece that was just the right colour so all was saved!  I cut the cs with a wavy edge and also printed the sentiment and shape on the same cs then cut it out with the Crafty Cutter Vintage label die (also available at Craty Sentiments Designs)  I made the flower using the Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge (still need more practice!) and the leaves are a punch.  All the papers used are scraps from my drawers, some are digi and some are magazine freebies but cant remember their names sorry.  Even the brown cs I used for the borders are scraps.  Oh and I did use my copics for the mushroom, bee and flower.

Thats what I have done, please stop by the other DT ladies as their work is gorgeous and then please do join in with our Bear challenge we love stopping by your blogs.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

TFL

 

5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Jac,love the frame and background.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really sweet :D I love the paper piecing .. so good you didn't bin it, it's so cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jac, love the paper piecing and the flower! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Jac, I love, love, love this little cutie, the colours are gorgeous and I love how you have paper pieced the bear, that frame is stunning, superb card.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x